Sandy is looking for a passionate, collaborative and sales-savvy Account Manager who’s ready to lead creative projects and nurture client relationships that will shape our company’s future. An entrepreneurial spirit, strong agency fundamentals and experience in e-comm, D2C, and direct response are needed to support one of our largest client partners.
This position will work directly with our leadership team, and offers unparalleled access, opportunities, and connections to a wide range of client industries. You will be expected to manage project schedules and budgets, generate problem-solving ideas, and partner with our remote freelance teams to bring ideas to life. You will also help foster a sense of community across our remote teams of freelance experts.
The right candidate will have significant project management experience and understand how to scope, manage, and optimize for a wide variety of project types – from digital media campaigns to creative development to social media management. You must be a multi-tasker who has excellent organizational, time management, and communication skills.
If you are focused, outgoing, driven and feel confident jumping into problem solving head on, we would love to meet you!
What You’ll Do
- Understand and anticipate client needs while finding ways to maximize opportunities for Sandy.
- Demonstrate finely-tuned communication skills across all mediums.
- Lead client meetings and presentations and be prepared to facilitate strategic discussions as they arise, both within the agency and with clients/partners. You need to be able to articulate both positive and negative news in a way that allows for productive discussion.
- Be comfortable with analyzing results and sharing recommendations and additional service options to clients where appropriate.
Presentation design (primarily in Google Slides) and writing skills are a must!
- Turn our client briefs into strong project briefs for our creative and production teams.
- Establish staffing plans, scopes and budgets through your knowledge of creative projects and roles.
- Lead project execution from creative development to concept inception to production and final asset delivery.
- Deliver client projects on-time and to budget.
- Ensure that teams understand project vision and foster productive team collaboration.
- Manage cross-functional communication to keep the team and stakeholders informed of project status, milestones, and possible gaps.
- Prepare for the unexpected through contingency planning and proactive problem solving.
- Always be thinking about ways to improve through process, technology, or new innovative approaches!
Build flexible teams to support projects
- Understand project resourcing needs and translate into thoughtful and accurate job descriptions for open roles.
- Review candidate submissions and collaborate with stakeholders to identify key hires.
- Work with HR to onboard new hires.
Ask questions! Questions make you better, us better, and our work better.
- 5-8 years of project and/or account management experience at a relevant brand or agency
- Strong familiarity with project management software tools, methodologies and best practices
- Proven ability to complete projects on time and on budget
- Experience seeing projects through the full life cycle, from concept to delivery
- Strong interpersonal skills and extremely resourceful
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- A team player who gets stuff done
- Extreme attention to detail and the ability to manage project teams on multiple (and sometimes competing) deliverables and deadlines
- People management experience is a plus
- Curious with a love for exploration, but a true creative problem-solver at heart
- Ability to learn and elevate those around you – we’re looking for the kind of person others want to work with!
Sandy is a global talent community of creative, media, strategy and technology experts, and we work in flexible teams to support brands you’ve heard of. By building elastic teams of the right people at the right time, we help our clients run more efficiently while improving diversity, access, and work/life balance for everyone involved.
Our services include digital media strategy and analytics, creative development and production, technology solutions, brand strategy, web design and development, social media and content marketing.
Born from our own needs as agency leaders, freelancers and underrepresented talent ourselves, Sandy’s mission is to bring the support, community and collaborative energy of #officelife into the modern work-from-anywhere era where freedom and flexibility reign supreme.
What’s in it for you
- WFAnywhere: Our remote-first approach means you can work from home, the beach, or anywhere you feel your most productive.
- Security AND Sanity: Hourly W2’s mean you get the assurances of a salary (40 hours/week) without the drain of late nights and weekend work. We’re not known for racking up overtime hours but when you do have to grind, at least you get appropriately paid for it.
- Competitive pay, benefits + perks
- Participate in our ongoing Talent Experience efforts to build comprehensive benefits + perks that inspire and reward our entire talent community.
How to Apply
Apply HERE and be sure to note the job description in your talent submission. We’ll reply to all applicants.
Please note that this is a freelance job opportunity through Sandy, supporting one of our client partners.
Our Equal Opportunity Employer statement:
The workplace and decisions made at Work Sandy, LLC. (“Sandy”) will be free of disparate treatment on the basis of an employee’s race, sex, national origin, color, sexual orientation, religion, disability, age (40 and over) or genetic information.