Sandy is a global talent community of creative, media, strategy and technology experts. What we’re building together is bigger than a freelance network – it’s a human-centered (and technology-driven) way of working that will improve the quality of lives of our team and clients. By building elastic teams of the right people at the right time, we help our clients run more efficiently while improving diversity, access, and work/life balance across the talent/client ecosystem. In turn, we are committed to doing right by our talent team! We want to provide access to portfolio-worthy projects along with support, infrastructure and community to help freelancers from all backgrounds thrive in the new WFAnywhere era.
Born from our own needs as agency leaders, freelancers and underrepresented talent ourselves, Sandy’s mission is to bring the support, community and collaborative energy of #officelife into the modern work-from-anywhere era where freedom and flexibility reign supreme.
Our client is a large-scale consumer electronics brand, and we are looking for a full-time digital designer with UX/UI chops to contribute to their e-comm success.
This role will design for personalized digital shopping experiences across the .com site, with a focus on the user journey for multiple audience types. D2C experience is preferable, and experience in e-commerce UX/UI and developing customer-centric experiences is a must.
What you’ll do:
We are seeking an experienced Digital Web Designer with a strong UX/UI portfolio of beautiful AND effective work. Reporting to the Art Director, the Digital Web Designer will work collaboratively across all digital channels to help produce digital shopping experiences to drive loyalty, sales, and engagement.
What we’re looking for:
- 5+ years of experience in digital design at a relevant brand or major agency. Portfolio/samples showing e-commerce, UX/UI, and/or CRM work is required.
- BS/BA degree in Design, Visual Design, or related field preferred.
- You have in-depth knowledge of graphics creation with Adobe Creative Suite (i.e. InDesign, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Photoshop).
- Strong sense of typography and what makes a great design.
- You have a strong portfolio that demonstrates your graphic design skills across e-commerce channels.
- You can work in a team and independently to develop and resolve designs, enhancements and fixes on tight timelines.
- Understanding of marketing, production, website design, corporate identity, product packaging, advertisements, and multimedia design.
- You can receive and provide constructive feedback.
- You have excellent communication and presentation skills.
- You’re a team player who gets stuff done.
- You’re curious and love exploration, but you’re a true problem-solver at heart.
- You want to learn, grow and elevate those around you, and you’re the kind of person others want to work with.
- WFAnywhere: Our remote-first approach means you can work from home, the beach, or anywhere you feel your most productive.
- Security AND Sanity: Hourly W2’s mean you get the assurances of a salary (40 hours/week) without the drain of late nights and weekend work. We’re not known for racking up overtime hours but when you do have to grind, at least you get appropriately paid for it.
- Competitive benefits + perks
- Participate in our ongoing Talent Experience efforts to build comprehensive benefits + perks that inspire and reward our entire talent community.
How to Apply
Apply HERE and be sure to note the job description in your talent submission. We’ll reply to all applicants.
Please note that this is a freelance job opportunity through Sandy, supporting one of our client partners.
Our Equal Opportunity Employer statement:
The workplace and decisions made at Work Sandy, LLC. (“Sandy”) will be free of disparate treatment on the basis of an employee’s race, sex, national origin, color, sexual orientation, religion, disability, age (40 and over) or genetic information.