Sandy is a global talent community of creative, media, strategy and technology experts. What we’re building together is bigger than a freelance network – it’s a human-centered (and technology-driven) way of working that will improve the quality of lives of our team and clients. By building elastic teams of the right people at the right time, we help our clients run more efficiently while improving diversity, access, and work/life balance across the talent/client ecosystem. In turn, we are committed to doing right by our talent team! We want to provide access to portfolio-worthy projects along with support, infrastructure and community to help freelancers from all backgrounds thrive in the new WFAnywhere era.
Born from our own needs as agency leaders, freelancers and underrepresented talent ourselves, Sandy’s mission is to bring the support, community and collaborative energy of #officelife into the modern work-from-anywhere era where freedom and flexibility reign supreme.
We are looking for a talented and self-starting social media manager to help support two key accounts! This will be a retainer-based relationship, where this person will work closely with our creative team to help build authentic, culturally relevant social media connections with
multiple audience types across LinkedIn, Twitter and Instagram. The ideal person will have a background in digital community management, with a data-driven mindset to achieve measurable results. A prior life as a copywriter would be beneficial, as with experience in SEO, keyword/hashtag research, and Google Analytics!
- Manage two brands’ social media presence across major platforms (LinkedIn, Twitter and Instagram) and interest forums (Reddit, Quora, Medium).
- Help to develop, edit and publish engaging content on a daily/weekly basis.
- Spark conversations and participate in discussions relating to our industry with a well-informed point of view.
- Engage with followers and respond to questions/comments on behalf of the brand
- Research benchmark trends, audience preferences, and competitive activity
- Monitor SEO and web traffic metrics
- Oversee social media accounts’ design (e.g. Facebook timeline cover, profile pictures and blog layout)
- Suggest and implement new features to develop brand awareness, like promotions and competitions
- Stay up-to-date with current technologies and trends in social media, design tools and applications
What we’re looking for:
- Fearless ability to convince strangers online to love a brand.
- 3-5 years of experience in social media management and/or digital community management. Examples of measurable success required.
- First-hand experience in an advertising agency and/or as a professional freelancer
- Professional experience in content management across native platforms and tools like Hootsuite.
- Excellent copywriting and proofreading skills.
- Solid knowledge of SEO, keyword research and Google Analytics.
- Familiarity with Canva (Adobe and/or Sketch design skills are a plus!)
- Ability to work effectively in a team setting including synthesizing abstract ideas into concrete design implications.
- Ability to receive and provide constructive feedback.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- A team player who gets stuff done. Troubleshooter. Independent problem solver.
- Curious and a love for exploration, but a true problem-solver at heart.
- Ability to learn, grow and elevate those around you, and the kind of person others want to work with.
Sandy Freelance Highlights
- Monthly stipends to support healthcare costs up to $250/month (based on hours worked).
- WFAnywhere: Our remote-first approach to staffing means you can work from home, the beach, or anywhere you feel your most productive.
- Participate in our ongoing Talent Experience efforts to build comprehensive benefits + perks that make #freelancelife the best life for our entire talent community.
How to Apply
Apply HERE and be sure to note the job description in your talent submission. We’ll reply to all applicants.
Please note that this is a freelance job opportunity through Sandy, supporting one of our client partners.
Our Equal Opportunity Employer statement:
The workplace and decisions made at Work Sandy, LLC. (“Sandy”) will be free of disparate treatment on the basis of an employee’s race, sex, national origin, color, sexual orientation, religion, disability, age (40 and over) or genetic information.