We’re looking for an energetic and focused Assistant Video Editor to join our client’s in-house production studio as they create best-in-class content to launch their OTT platform. The brand is working closely with first responders and is looking for candidates well versed in creating short-form stories.
The right candidate will have a keen eye for image selection, a high taste level, and an affinity for telling stories through short-form content. Exposure to documentary-style storytelling is a big plus!
What You’ll Do
- Create short form content ranging from 45s to 3 minutes bringing in graphic elements, music and possible ancillary content to form the narrative
- Work with Creative Director to refine overall story, music selection, copy and graphic
- Deliver all final assets needed to post operations team for ingestion
- Conduct broad content searches for appropriate third party content, and facilitate the communication process to license and acquire usage rights for in-house editing.
- Organize third party content for easy internal review, categorizing by storyline and QA image quality for usability.
- 2+ years of professional experience as a video editor with relevant brands, agencies, or studios
- Well-versed in creating short form stories using linear editing, graphics, music and voice-over elements to enhance a short piece of content
- Have an eye for content that can be elevated through stylization and story-telling
- Comfortable organizing and managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Have the right toolbox: Adobe Creative Suite, with a focus on Premiere and After Effects
- You want to learn, grow and elevate those around you, and you’re the kind of person others want to work with.
Sandy is a global talent community of creative, media, strategy and technology experts, and we work in flexible teams to support brands you’ve heard of. By building elastic teams of the right people at the right time, we help our clients run more efficiently while improving diversity, access, and work/life balance for everyone involved.
Our services include digital media strategy and analytics, creative development and production, technology solutions, brand strategy, web design and development, social media and content marketing.
Born from our own needs as agency leaders, freelancers and underrepresented talent ourselves, Sandy’s mission is to bring the support, community and collaborative energy of #officelife into the modern work-from-anywhere era where freedom and flexibility reign supreme.
What’s in it for you
- WFAnywhere: Our remote-first approach means you can work from home, the beach, or anywhere you feel your most productive
- Competitive pay, benefits + perks
- Participate in our ongoing Talent Experience efforts to build comprehensive benefits + perks that inspire and reward our entire talent community.
How to Apply
Apply HERE and be sure to note the job description in your talent submission. We’ll reply to all applicants.
Please note that this is a freelance job opportunity through Sandy, supporting one of our client partners.
Our Equal Opportunity Employer statement:
The workplace and decisions made at Work Sandy, LLC. (“Sandy”) will be free of disparate treatment on the basis of an employee’s race, sex, national origin, color, sexual orientation, religion, disability, age (40 and over) or genetic information.