Sandy is a global talent community of creative, media, strategy and technology experts. What we’re building together is bigger than a freelance network – it’s a human-centered (and technology-driven) way of working that will improve the quality of lives of our team and clients. By building elastic teams of the right people at the right time, we help our clients run more efficiently while improving diversity, access, and work/life balance across the talent/client ecosystem. In turn, we are committed to doing right by our talent team! We want to provide access to portfolio-worthy projects along with support, infrastructure and community to help freelancers from all backgrounds thrive in the new WFAnywhere era.
Born from our own needs as agency leaders, freelancers and underrepresented talent ourselves, Sandy’s mission is to bring the support, community and collaborative energy of #officelife into the modern work-from-anywhere era where freedom and flexibility reign supreme.
We’re looking for a savvy digitally-focused PR expert with a passion for the health and wellness industry to help a global fitness brand conquer the consumer PR space. You’ll be working with a team to help design and deliver a PR strategy to increase brand awareness through influencer campaigns, partnerships, and key digital publications.
What you’ll do:
We are looking for a Freelance Digital PR Specialist to help strategize, create and execute digital PR campaigns for a global health and fitness brand. The ideal candidate will have expert-level experience, with a deep knowledge of PR best practices along with strong, relevant publication connections and experience dealing with various types of media outlets.
- Managing all aspects of Public Relations strategy
- Drafting PR-related content and coordinating submissions in support of a variety of PR programs including editorial opportunities, media pitches, contributed articles, editorial and social media comments, etc.
- Develop, foster and preserve strategic relationships with journalists, press and media outlets.
- Create social programming plans and research audits including content strategy plans, competition research briefs and digital audits.
- Produce PR analysis reports for executive management, identifying key insights and recommending actions for improving programs to enhance results.
- Ensure brand identity and message consistency across digital channels.
- Lead and participate in brainstorming sessions.
- Keep up with the latest trends, strategies, and technologies.
- Evaluate production team performance and guide improvements where necessary.
What we’re looking for:
- 4+ years of experience in public relations at a relevant brand or agency.
- BS/BA degree in Public Relations, communications or related field preferred.
- Savvy PR person with strong connections in the US consumer fitness market and titles such as PopSugar, Refinery29, etc.
- Ability to generate creative ideas and pitch bloggers, journalists, etc.
- Firm understanding of measuring success online.
- Knowledge of how social, web, and traditional PR lead to impact.
- Excellent writing skills and the ability to create high-quality PR content quickly
- Attention to detail, a passion for marketing and branding, high organizational skills, the ability to manage multiple tasks/projects.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
- Strong creative mind.
- You’re a team player who gets stuff done.
- You’re curious and love exploration, but you’re a true problem-solver at heart.
- You want to learn, grow and elevate those around you, and you’re the kind of person others want to work with.
Sandy Freelance Highlights
- Monthly stipends to support healthcare costs up to $250/month (based on hours worked).
- WFAnywhere: Our remote-first approach to staffing means you can work from home, the beach, or anywhere you feel your most productive.
- Participate in our ongoing Talent Experience efforts to build comprehensive benefits + perks that make #freelancelife the best life for our entire talent community.
How to Apply
Apply HERE and be sure to note the job description in your talent submission. We’ll reply to all applicants.
Please note that this is a freelance job opportunity through Sandy, supporting one of our client partners.
Our Equal Opportunity Employer statement:
The workplace and decisions made at Work Sandy, LLC. (“Sandy”) will be free of disparate treatment on the basis of an employee’s race, sex, national origin, color, sexual orientation, religion, disability, age (40 and over) or genetic information.