Remote / Contract (short-term project to define long-term need)
We’re looking for a brand- and editorial-focused copywriter to join the content studio within a fast-growing workplace DEI consultancy. The company provides practical and tactical DEI solutions for clients like Google, Atlassian, SYPartners and more, and are actively building their digital presence to amplify their reach and impact.
As the lead Copywriter, you’ll build on the frameworks developed within the co-founders’ best-selling book, and develop a compelling brand voice to apply across all content needs (including digital, internal, and external content). This role will report to the CEO, with autonomy to partner with cross-functional teams to deliver clear, compelling and effective brand content.
What You’ll Do:
In this role, you’ll take nuances and uncomfortable human experiences (i.e. bias, prejudice, bullying) and encapsulate it in a few unforgettable words. For any given project you may be called on to write headlines, both short form and long form product copy, or supply fresh, creative ideas. You will play a pivotal role in developing and defining messaging across all communication channels, with the goal of generating interest and sales of both the original book and consulting services. This role requires an interest and understanding of measuring content performance.
- Create: write creative copy for all content and ensure that voice and marketing messages are consistent across all channels and align with overall Just Work strategy
- Curate: excel at executing our unmistakably inclusive voice – no overly corporate jargon or stuffy business tone; make it direct, conversational, engaging, and have personality
- Leverage: use the content already written in our book to drives engagement and work with co-founders to create an unmistakably inclusive voice
- Maintain: consistently use the highest editorial standards for all copy and ensure that it conforms to the evolving brand voice; drive brand forward with a fresh and approachable voice
- Understand: have an editorial mindset that seeks to understand what audiences consume and how to create it.
- Measure: have an interest in understanding data-driven insights to help shape content direction for different channels, audiences, and topics.
- 3+ years of copywriting or journalism experience
- Comfortable working with co-founders and a designer to write all editorial, headlines and taglines for projects; ensure all editorial copy, headlines, taglines and home page content are inspirational and compelling
- You are a clear, effective communicator—verbally and in writing—with the ability to be persuasive
- You are results-oriented; proven ability to prioritize, drive and achieve results through self and others under time pressure
- You consistently adhere to documented standards for brand and copy, including style, voice, and tone, and adhering to regulatory and compliance regulations
- You adapt style and voice across different platforms for different communities
- Able to work across various US and international time zones when needed
Sandy is a global talent community of creative, media, strategy and technology experts, and we work in flexible teams to support brands you’ve heard of. By building elastic teams of the right people at the right time, we help our clients run more efficiently while improving diversity, access, and work/life balance for everyone involved.
Born from our own needs as agency leaders, freelancers and underrepresented talent ourselves, Sandy’s mission is to bring the support, community and collaborative energy of #officelife into the modern work-from-anywhere era where freedom and flexibility reign supreme.
What’s in it for you:
- WFAnywhere: Our remote-first approach means you can work from home, the beach, or anywhere you feel your most productive
- Competitive pay, benefits + perk
How to apply:
Apply HERE and be sure to note the job description in your talent submission. We’ll reply to all applicants.
Our Equal Opportunity Employer statement:
The workplace and decisions made at Work Sandy, LLC. (“Sandy”) will be free of disparate treatment on the basis of an employee’s race, sex, national origin, color, sexual orientation, religion, disability, age (40 and over) or genetic information.