Growth Marketing Manager
Remote / Contract (20 hours/week, 3 months) with opportunity for Full-Time conversion
We’re looking for a content-focused Growth Marketing Manager to join the content studio within a fast-growing workplace DEI consultancy. The company provides practical and tactical DEI solutions for clients like Google, Atlassian, SYPartners and more, and are actively building their digital presence to amplify their reach and impact.
As a Growth Marketing Lead, you will create, measure, and execute an organic, content-focused growth marketing strategy. Using the content from our book as a point of departure, you’ll create blogs, a newsletter, and podcast appearances that will drive growing book sales, email distribution lists, and follower count. Our mission is to challenge the status quo when it comes to creating equitable workplaces, so we need someone who not only understands best practices in growth marketing, content marketing, and inbound marketing, but is also driven to move beyond traditional marketing tactics.
The ideal candidate will excel at using data and insights to identify growth marketing opportunities, designing programs that get measurable results, and work closely with our team to create rich, diverse, inclusive, and high-quality content. This role requires a love of storytelling, an inclusive mindset, and creative thinking with a roll-up-your-sleeves attitude who wants to drive impactful projects forward.
This role will report to the CEO, with autonomy to partner with cross-functional teams to develop and execute a winning social media approach.
What you’ll do
This role will be responsible for effectively building and managing organic growth marketing strategies – including editorial calendars, moderation, social listening, sentiment reports, and trend spotting – to generate book sales and grow our email distribution lists. Specifically, you’ll:
- Build Community: build and champion the brand’s audience by tracking and managing a community of followers across digital channels; ensure the editorial agenda serves both company and audience needs
- Spot Trends: Identify trends and news stories where our consultancy framework offers a helpful way to find solutions to real problems in the workplace
- Promote: lead the distribution and promotion strategy for content pieces with SEO, email, content syndication, and partnering with demand generation
- Measure: lead a measurement plan to ensure that the content strategy is rooted in performance, evaluated correctly, and demonstrates increase in leads to the business, by growing book sales, social media following / engagement, and growth in email lists
- Iterate: test, iterate and optimize content by measuring the effectiveness of initiatives and report learnings to the team; this includes reporting on traditional top-of-funnel metrics like traffic and engagement, along with a focus on how content drives pipeline and revenue
- Engage: Proactively address social media conversations and join relevant discussion pertaining to concepts in our consulting framework (.e.g. bias, prejudice, bullying, discrimination, harrasment, physical violations)
- Assess: Understand community, cultural, and market trends to inform strategic and creative development for social content; monitor and bring to light cultural moments and key holidays to enhance storytelling; share stories that illuminate the framework and show people they can take action to create a better world
- Monitor: Measure social sentiment on trending topics related to the book to inform content decisions
Sandy is a global talent community of creative, media, strategy and technology experts, and we work in flexible teams to support brands you’ve heard of. By building elastic teams of the right people at the right time, we help our clients run more efficiently while improving diversity, access, and work/life balance for everyone involved.
Born from our own needs as agency leaders, freelancers and underrepresented talent ourselves, Sandy’s mission is to bring the support, community and collaborative energy of #officelife into the modern work-from-anywhere era where freedom and flexibility reign supreme.
Our Equal Opportunity Employer statement:
The workplace and decisions made at Work Sandy, LLC. (“Sandy”) will be free of disparate treatment on the basis of an employee’s race, sex, national origin, color, sexual orientation, religion, disability, age (40 and over) or genetic information.