We’re looking for a hands-on Senior Video Editor to join our client’s in-house production studio as they prepare to launch their own OTT channel dedicated to telling the stories of First Responders and the communities they serve.
In this role, you’ll have a substantial influence on the platform’s creative output and play a leadership role within the studio team. The ideal candidate will come with an exceptional portfolio of relevant video work and will welcome an opportunity to shape the direction of the content studio from the ground up!
What you’ll do
The senior video editor will be involved at every phase of the content creation process – from scripting, to editing, to music selection and final graphics – to ensure that the final product is on-brand and on-brief. You’ll work with UGC content to tell long- and short-form stories with the guidance and support of the studio team (8 people in total, including ACDs, Art Directors, Designers, Editors and Producers). The Senior Video Editor must be exceptionally proficient in editing and will be tasked with executing our most high-profile productions as well as managing a high volume of smaller projects – with team support – to meet the programming schedule. You’ll provide direction for forecasting output and work with the production team to maintain an editorial calendar and collaborate with the full creative team to develop and roll out a successful creative strategy.
- 5+ years of video editing experience working within a network or entertainment studio environment
- You have a strong portfolio showcasing a range of short- and long-form content and a demonstrated expert-level proficiency in editing
- You’re a great communicator in all forms
- You’ve got the right technical chops: Advanced knowledge of the full Adobe suite
- You’re able to synthesize and expand on storylines from UGC content
- You have demonstrated success as part of a creative team and are a capable support player AND manager
- You’re able to deliver feedback with empathy and receive feedback with grace
- Positive, solution-oriented attitude and capable of managing multiple projects in a deadline-driven environment
- Ability to work towards achieving qualitative and quantitative success metrics
Sandy is a global talent community of creative, media, strategy and technology experts, and we work in flexible teams to support brands you’ve heard of. By building elastic teams of the right people at the right time, we help our clients run more efficiently while improving diversity, access, and work/life balance for everyone involved.
Born from our own needs as agency leaders, freelancers and underrepresented talent ourselves, Sandy’s mission is to bring the support, community and collaborative energy of #officelife into the modern work-from-anywhere era where freedom and flexibility reign supreme.
What’s in it for you
- WFAnywhere: Our remote-first approach means you can work from home, the beach, or anywhere you feel you’re most productive
- Competitive pay range of $55-$65/hour
- Stipend perks (based on contract hours and length)
How to Apply
Apply HERE and be sure to note the job description in your talent submission. We’ll reply to all applicants.
Our Equal Opportunity Employer statement:
The workplace and decisions made at Work Sandy, LLC. (“Sandy”) will be free of disparate treatment on the basis of an employee’s race, sex, national origin, color, sexual orientation, religion, disability, age (40 and over) or genetic information.