We’re looking for an energetic and focused Video Editor to join our client’s in-house production studio as they create best-in-class content to support the launch of an OTT platform dedicated to telling the stories of First Responders and the communities they serve.
The video editor will collaborate during every phase of content creation – from scripting, editing, music selection and graphic treatments – to ensure that the final product is on-brand and on-brief. This requires strong communication skills in a fast-paced creative environment!
The right candidate will have a keen eye for image selection, a high taste level, and an affinity for telling stories through long and short form content. Exposure to documentary-style storytelling is a big plus!
What you’ll do
- Create short and long form content ranging bringing in graphic elements, music and possible ancillary content to form the narrative
- Work with Creative Director to refine overall story, music selection, copy and graphic implementation
- Deliver all final assets needed to post operations team for ingestion
- Collaborate with the creative team to brainstorm a successful direction and strategy
- Capable of managing multiple projects in a deadline-driven environment
- Comfortable with a combination of qualitative and quantitative success metrics
- Talent for delivering concise, constructive feedback with empathy. Also receiving constructive criticism professionally
- 3+ years of professional experience as a video editor with relevant brands, agencies or studios
- Well-versed in creating short and long- form stories using linear editing, graphics, music and voice-over elements to enhance a short piece of content
- Strong understanding of the video production process
- Positive, solution-oriented attitude
- Have an eye for content that can be elevated through stylization and story-telling
- Comfortable organizing and managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Have the right toolbox: Adobe Creative Suite, with a focus on Premiere and After Effects
- You want to learn, grow and elevate those around you, and you’re the kind of person others want to work with
Sandy is a global talent community of creative, media, strategy and technology experts, and we work in flexible teams to support brands you’ve heard of. By building elastic teams of the right people at the right time, we help our clients run more efficiently while improving diversity, access, and work/life balance for everyone involved.
Our services include digital media strategy and analytics, creative development and production, technology solutions, brand strategy, web design and development, social media and content marketing.
Born from our own needs as agency leaders, freelancers and underrepresented talent ourselves, Sandy’s mission is to bring the support, community and collaborative energy of #officelife into the modern work-from-anywhere era where freedom and flexibility reign supreme.
What’s in it for you
- WFAnywhere: Our remote-first approach means you can work from home, the beach, or anywhere you feel you’re most productive
- Competitive pay range of $50 – $55/hour
- Stipend perks (based on contract hours and length)
How to Apply
Apply HERE and be sure to note the job description in your talent submission. We’ll reply to all applicants.
Our Equal Opportunity Employer statement:
The workplace and decisions made at Work Sandy, LLC. (“Sandy”) will be free of disparate treatment on the basis of an employee’s race, sex, national origin, color, sexual orientation, religion, disability, age (40 and over) or genetic information.